* 2.6.0-test9/10 speedtouch glitch
@ 2003-11-27 19:23 Vladimir Lazarenko
From: Vladimir Lazarenko @ 2003-11-27 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,

Dunno if this has been mentioned already, but I have an interesting glitch
with speedtouch DSL modem. When i compile the driver as module, it says
registered driver speedtouch, but can not access the device.

However, when i compile the driver in, everything works smoothly and nicely.
If you need some more testing/information do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,
Vladimir Lazarenko

* Re: 2.6.0-test9/10 speedtouch glitch
@ 2003-11-27 20:43 ` Duncan Sands
From: Duncan Sands @ 2003-11-27 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Lazarenko, linux-kernel

> Dunno if this has been mentioned already, but I have an interesting glitch
> with speedtouch DSL modem. When i compile the driver as module, it says
> registered driver speedtouch, but can not access the device.
>
> However, when i compile the driver in, everything works smoothly and
> nicely. If you need some more testing/information do not hesitate to
> contact me.

Try the latest hotplug scripts.

I hope this helps,

Duncan.

* Re: 2.6.0-test9/10 speedtouch glitch
@ 2003-11-27 22:39   ` Vladimir Lazarenko
From: Vladimir Lazarenko @ 2003-11-27 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Duncan Sands

On Thursday 27 November 2003 21:43, Duncan Sands wrote:
> > Dunno if this has been mentioned already, but I have an interesting
> > glitch with speedtouch DSL modem. When i compile the driver as module, it
> > says registered driver speedtouch, but can not access the device.
> >
> > However, when i compile the driver in, everything works smoothly and
> > nicely. If you need some more testing/information do not hesitate to
> > contact me.
>
> Try the latest hotplug scripts.

Using Debian/sid with latest available usbmgr.
Tho the module itself loads successfully, just that modem_run isn't able to
see the device, I think at that point hotplug has to complete already?

--

@ 2003-11-27 23:01     ` Duncan Sands
From: Duncan Sands @ 2003-11-27 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Lazarenko, linux-kernel

On Thursday 27 November 2003 23:39, Vladimir Lazarenko wrote:
> On Thursday 27 November 2003 21:43, Duncan Sands wrote:
> > > Dunno if this has been mentioned already, but I have an interesting
> > > glitch with speedtouch DSL modem. When i compile the driver as module,
> > > it says registered driver speedtouch, but can not access the device.
> > >
> > > However, when i compile the driver in, everything works smoothly and
> > > nicely. If you need some more testing/information do not hesitate to
> > > contact me.
> >
> > Try the latest hotplug scripts.
>
> Using Debian/sid with latest available usbmgr.
> Tho the module itself loads successfully, just that modem_run isn't able to
> see the device, I think at that point hotplug has to complete already?

What error message do you get exactly?  When running what command?

Thanks,

Duncan.

* Re: 2.6.0-test9/10 speedtouch glitch
@ 2003-11-28  9:06       ` Kees Bakker
From: Kees Bakker @ 2003-11-28  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

> On Thursday 27 November 2003 23:39, Vladimir Lazarenko wrote:
>>
>> Using Debian/sid with latest available usbmgr.
>> Tho the module itself loads successfully, just that modem_run isn't able to
>> see the device, I think at that point hotplug has to complete already?
>
> What error message do you get exactly?  When running what command?

I always thought that modem_run (the user-space driver) and the kernel
driver don't match. Am I wrong?

		Kees

* Re: 2.6.0-test9/10 speedtouch glitch
@ 2003-11-28  9:14         ` Vladimir Lazarenko
From: Vladimir Lazarenko @ 2003-11-28  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kees Bakker; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Friday 28 November 2003 10:06, Kees Bakker wrote:

> > On Thursday 27 November 2003 23:39, Vladimir Lazarenko wrote:
> >> Using Debian/sid with latest available usbmgr.
> >> Tho the module itself loads successfully, just that modem_run isn't able
> >> to see the device, I think at that point hotplug has to complete
> >> already?
> >
> > What error message do you get exactly?  When running what command?
> I always thought that modem_run (the user-space driver) and the kernel
> driver don't match. Am I wrong?

Yes, modem_run is a tool which loads up the firmware into the modem, and can
perfectly match with kernel driver, by passing it the key -k upon startup.
(Try updating to the latest sppedbuncle package?)

Anyway, Duncan, messages will be delivered later today. :-)

--
Best regards,
Vladimir Lazarenko