From: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>
To: "Adam Kropelin" <akropel1@rochester.rr.com>,
	<linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: <sam@ravnborg.org>
Subject: Re: Parallel build not working since -test6?
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 21:26:59 +0100	[thread overview]

On Thursday 27 November 2003 00:27, Adam Kropelin wrote:
> Lately I've noticed my kernel compilations taking longer than usual.
> Tonight I finally realized the cause... Parallel building (i.e. make -jN)
> is no longer working for me. I traced it back and the last kernel it worked
> in was -test5. It ceased working in -test6.
It works for me, and for sure it works for most others. Otherwise I would
have seen lot of complaints like yours.
I recall one similar post, and the person in question used a homegrown
script that caused the problems.

Could you try to post:
a) Exact command used when building the kernel.
b) Output of kernel compile [first 100 lines] after a make clean

This may give me a hint of what is wrong.

	Sam