Oliver, On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 12:08:39PM +0100, Oliver Feiler wrote: Content-Description: signed data > CC'ing to Kurt Garloff since he wrote the driver initially and might be the > best person to ask what the syslog output means. Are you still maintaining > the DC395 driver, Kurt, or has someone else taken maintainership in the > meantime? For 2.6, Oliver Neukum and others have picked up the driver. I maintain the 2.4 version still. > Small followup to the described problem. I managed to get a "screenshot" from > the kernel's syslog output. Indeed the driver is queueing endless SCSI resets > with little success. These two pages (some parts may be missing. Taken with a > digital camera) scroll over the screen endlessly. Can someone tell me from > this what's going on and what it is causing the problem? > > http://home.kcore.de/~kiza/stuff/dc395.jpg > http://home.kcore.de/~kiza/stuff/dc395-2.jpg > (both 1024x768 ~100KB) Hmm, it looks quite normal; the driver is trying to recover from errors. Apparently the write10 (2a) timed out. Can you try to catch the first error message? Regards, -- Kurt Garloff Cologne, DE SUSE LINUX AG, Nuernberg, DE SUSE Labs (Head)