* USB mass-storage hell
@ 2003-12-01  8:47 Christian Axelsson
From: Christian Axelsson @ 2003-12-01  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have this USB harddrive and a USB mp3-player, when I plug them in
would like them to be mounted at /mnt/hd and /mnt/mp3 by auto.
Is this possible using 2.6 and some supermount-like daemon?

Also, the device I plugin first becomes /dev/sda1 and the second
/dev/sda2 (using devfs) so I cant rely upon device names here to do
anything. Is there any ID of the USB-device aviable somewhere that can
be of any use?

--
Christan Axelsson
smiler@lanil.mine.nu