From: Josh McKinney <forming@charter.net>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: NForce2 pseudoscience stability testing (2.6.0-test11)
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 16:12:56 -0500	[thread overview]

To me the strangest thing is that when I first got this board a month or
so ago it would hang with APIC or LAPIC enabled.  Now it works fine
without disabling APIC.  All I did was update the BIOS and use it for a
while with APIC disabled.  2.6.0-test9-mm through 2.6.0-test11 all work
just fine.  Still at the same time some people are reporting that it
works, some are reporting that it doesn't.  I probably wouldn't think to
much of this except I was one of the ones that said APIC causes crashes
with IDE load, but now it doesn't?

Josh McKinney		     |	Webmaster: http://joshandangie.org
                             | They that can give up essential liberty
Linux, the choice       -o)  | to obtain a little temporary safety deserve
of the GNU generation    /\  | neither liberty or safety.
                        _\_v |                          -Benjamin Franklin