From: selvakumar nagendran <kernelselva@yahoo.com>
To: "Randy.Dunlap" <rddunlap@osdl.org>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Module : Pipefs : doubts
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 22:38:25 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

Hello Randy,
     Thanks for ur help. See I do know that pipe.o is
compiled into the main kernel image. But the following
code block in pipe.c, made me to think as if pipefs
has been implemented as a module in the kernel. Bcoz
it used module_init and module_exit macros. That's why
I got confused. Can u explain the reason for this?

Thanks,
selva

------------------
static DECLARE_FSTYPE(pipe_fs_type, "pipefs",
pipefs_read_super, FS_NOMOUNT);

static int __init init_pipe_fs(void)
{
	int err = register_filesystem(&pipe_fs_type);
	if (!err) {
		pipe_mnt = kern_mount(&pipe_fs_type);
		err = PTR_ERR(pipe_mnt);
		if (IS_ERR(pipe_mnt))
			unregister_filesystem(&pipe_fs_type);
		else
			err = 0;
	}
	return err;
}

static void __exit exit_pipe_fs(void)
{
	unregister_filesystem(&pipe_fs_type);
	mntput(pipe_mnt);
}

module_init(init_pipe_fs)
module_exit(exit_pipe_fs)

--- "Randy.Dunlap" <rddunlap@osdl.org> wrote:
> selvakumar nagendran wrote:
> > Hello linux-experts,
> >     I went through the kernel source code file
> > /fs/pipe.c and I found that the pipe file system
> > configured as a module. But in lsmod I am unable
> > see it. This is my first doubt.

 Where do you see that?
 fs/pipe.o is always built into the kernel image.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250