* 2.6.10-mm2 fails to detect DVD drive on Asus Pundit, 2.6.10-ac8 works
@ 2005-01-11 13:55 Bernhard Rosenkraenzer
From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer @ 2005-01-11 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

SSIA -- I haven't seen this problem on any other hardware though, looks like
Asus is doing something weird in its controller and -mm doesn't have a
workaround.

The IDE controller appears to be a variant of a SiS 5513 (one oddity is the
fact that there is no secondary controller). The harddisk is connected
as /dev/hda, the DVD drive as /dev/hdb. Using a different DVD drive doesn't
change anything.

Unless someone beats me to it, I'll diff -u the -ac8 and -mm2 IDE drivers to
figure out what's going on when I have some time.

LLaP
bero

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-01-11 13:58 UTC | newest]