On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 03:00:03PM -0800, Pete Zaitcev wrote: > On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:13:00 +0100, Michal Semler wrote: > > > when inserting my Bluetooth dongle into USB port, I get into dmesg this: > > Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.4 > > Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized > > Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized > > drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: input irq status -84 received > > >[.... LONG flood of the same messages ....] > > > drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: input irq status -84 received > > usb 3-1: USB disconnect, address 3 > > drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: input irq status -84 received > > drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: can't resubmit intr, 0000:00:1d.2-1/input1, status -19 > > usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4 > > Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.7 > > What happens here is that the device disconnects itself during or after > it's initialized. > > Once the HC hardware detects the disconnect, future URBs will end with > -84 error. However, the HID driver does not do anything about it. > It continues to attempt to resubmit until the khubd does its processing > and enters its disconnect method. In extreme cases, it is possible to > have this submit-and-error-and-repeat loop to monopolize the CPU and > prevent khubd from working ever, thus effectively locking up the box. > Fortunately, in 2.6 kernel we standardized error codes, and thus drivers > like hid can rely on -84 meaning a disconnect and not something else. > In such case, hid has to stop resubmitting before its disconnect method > is executed. Can you test this patch? It seems to work for me. -- Vojtech Pavlik SuSE Labs, SuSE CR