* RE: help
@ 2005-01-11 15:36 Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida
From: Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida @ 2005-01-11 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH; +Cc: linux-kernel

Actually My problem is to report the current problems in hotplugging of
FC-HBA on PCI Express for kernel 2.6.8 and don't have the hardware, I have
studied the code, searched and studied the documents available in the
internet, but I am not able to conclude. That is why I thought of taking
help from you experienced people.
I think now the problem is clear to you.
Please help me.

Thanks and Best Regards
Bhupesh Kumar Pandey

From: Greg KH @ 2005-01-11 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida; +Cc: linux-kernel

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

A: No.

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 09:06:08PM +0530, Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida wrote:

> Actually My problem is to report the current problems in hotplugging of
> FC-HBA on PCI Express for kernel 2.6.8 and don't have the hardware, I have
> studied the code, searched and studied the documents available in the
> internet, but I am not able to conclude. That is why I thought of taking
> help from you experienced people.
> I think now the problem is clear to you.

No, the problem is not clear to me.  I think it works just fine.  Why do
you think it doesn't?

greg k-h

* Re: help
@ 2005-01-11 16:07 ` Erik Mouw
From: Erik Mouw @ 2005-01-11 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida; +Cc: Greg KH, linux-kernel

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 09:06:08PM +0530, Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida wrote:
> Actually My problem is to report the current problems in hotplugging of
> FC-HBA on PCI Express for kernel 2.6.8 and don't have the hardware, I have
> studied the code, searched and studied the documents available in the
> internet, but I am not able to conclude. That is why I thought of taking
> help from you experienced people.
> I think now the problem is clear to you.
> Please help me.

"It should work" means "there are currently no known problems".

You could ask the same question every single day, but it's much less
annoying for the lkml subscribers if you just follow the relevant
mailing lists.

Erik

--
+-- Erik Mouw -- www.harddisk-recovery.com -- +31 70 370 12 90 --
| A: Because people read from top to bottom.
| Q: Why is top posting bad?

* Re: help
@ 2005-01-11 17:00   ` Theodore Ts'o
From: Theodore Ts'o @ 2005-01-11 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH; +Cc: Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida, linux-kernel

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 09:06:08PM +0530, Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida wrote:
> >
> > Actually My problem is to report the current problems in hotplugging of
> > FC-HBA on PCI Express for kernel 2.6.8 and don't have the hardware, I have
> > studied the code, searched and studied the documents available in the
> > internet, but I am not able to conclude. That is why I thought of taking
> > help from you experienced people.
> > I think now the problem is clear to you.
>
> No, the problem is not clear to me.  I think it works just fine.  Why do
> you think it doesn't?

The problem here is that he doesn't know whether or not it works, but
instead of doing something sensible, like googling for problem
reports, he's being really annoying on the mailing list, hoping
someone else will do his work assignment for him.

						- Ted

* help
@ 2020-03-21 19:26 don fisher
From: don fisher @ 2020-03-21 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I want to change my subscription. How do I do it?

* help
@ 2018-11-21 13:32 _
From: _ @ 2018-11-21 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkml

help

* help
@ 2018-08-07 13:01 Marcel J.E. Mol
From: Marcel J.E. Mol @ 2018-08-07 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

help

--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.
    =======---------        ph. +31-(0)6-54724868

* help
@ 2012-06-14 16:30 chen.chenchacha
From: chen.chenchacha @ 2012-06-14 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

help

* help
@ 2011-11-18  5:12 shepherd Lazy
From: shepherd Lazy @ 2011-11-18  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

help

* help
@ 2010-12-21  7:58 andy xu
From: andy xu @ 2010-12-21  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

* help
@ 2010-05-29  2:48 code.perfect
From: code.perfect @ 2010-05-29  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org,

* help
@ 2010-05-28  9:06 code.perfect
From: code.perfect @ 2010-05-28  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

* Help
@ 2010-05-17 17:00 Sgt. Ken Holland
From: Sgt. Ken Holland @ 2010-05-17 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Permit me to approach you in this manner.I am Sgt. Ken Holland of the US Marine in Ba'qubah,Iraq. We got the sum of $15,500,000.00 we made from some Crude Oil Money deal that i will want you to help us receive. Since we are working here on Official capacity we cannot keep this funds hence my contacting you. If you are interested, do get back to me so that i can give you further details.

Sgt. Ken Holland

* help
@ 2008-09-28  5:06 Reg Clemens
From: Reg Clemens @ 2008-09-28  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

help

* Re: help
@ 2007-12-11  1:02 ` David Newall
From: David Newall @ 2007-12-11  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thanos Chatziathanassiou; +Cc: linux-kernel

Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:
> help

I KNOW OF PLACES, ACTIONS, AND THINGS. MOST OF MY VOCABULARY
DESCRIBES PLACES AND IS USED TO MOVE YOU THERE. TO MOVE TRY
WORDS LIKE FOREST, BUILDING, DOWNSTREAM, ENTER, EAST, WEST
NORTH, SOUTH, UP, OR DOWN.  I KNOW ABOUT A FEW SPECIAL OBJECTS,
LIKE A BLACK ROD HIDDEN IN THE CAVE. THESE OBJECTS CAN BE
MANIPULATED USING ONE OF THE ACTION WORDS THAT I KNOW. USUALLY
YOU WILL NEED TO GIVE BOTH THE OBJECT AND ACTION WORDS
(IN EITHER ORDER), BUT SOMETIMES I CAN INFER THE OBJECT FROM
THE VERB ALONE. THE OBJECTS HAVE SIDE EFFECTS - FOR
INSTANCE, THE ROD SCARES THE BIRD.
USUALLY PEOPLE HAVING TROUBLE MOVING JUST NEED TO TRY A FEW
MORE WORDS. USUALLY PEOPLE TRYING TO MANIPULATE AN
OBJECT ARE ATTEMPTING SOMETHING BEYOND THEIR (OR MY!)
CAPABILITIES AND SHOULD TRY A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TACK.
TO SPEED THE GAME YOU CAN SOMETIMES MOVE LONG DISTANCES
WITH A SINGLE WORD. FOR EXAMPLE, 'BUILDING' USUALLY GETS
YOU TO THE BUILDING FROM ANYWHERE ABOVE GROUND EXCEPT WHEN
LOST IN THE FOREST. ALSO, NOTE THAT CAVE PASSAGES TURN A
LOT, AND THAT LEAVING A ROOM TO THE NORTH DOES NOT GUARANTEE
ENTERING THE NEXT FROM THE SOUTH. GOOD LUCK!

* help
@ 2007-12-10 11:48 Thanos Chatziathanassiou
From: Thanos Chatziathanassiou @ 2007-12-10 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

help

[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 3229 bytes --]

* Re: help
@ 2007-08-27 17:31   ` Michal Piotrowski
From: Michal Piotrowski @ 2007-08-27 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Newall; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi,

On 27/08/07, David Newall <david@davidnewall.com> wrote:
> help

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/

Regards,
Michal

--
LOG
http://www.stardust.webpages.pl/log/

* help
       [not found] <46D25A05.4070606@davidnewall.com>
@ 2007-08-27 17:18 ` David Newall
From: David Newall @ 2007-08-27 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

help

* help
@ 2007-05-16  0:25 Mao Wei
From: Mao Wei @ 2007-05-16  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anybody can give me some information about CFS

Thanks!

* Re: help
@ 2006-08-29  8:48 ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2006-08-29  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Limeng [李萌]; +Cc: linux-kernel

>Hi,
>    How can I get one thread’s  LWP id on linux?
>    The thread is not the main thread, so that getpid() does not work.
>And the LWP id is not the same as the result by pthread_self().
>
>    Any suggestion?

gettid(), I assume.

Jan Engelhardt

* help
@ 2006-08-29  8:12 Limeng [李萌]
From: Limeng [李萌] @ 2006-08-29  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,
    How can I get one thread’s  LWP id on linux?
    The thread is not the main thread, so that getpid() does not work. And the LWP id is not the same as the result by pthread_self().

    Any suggestion?

Xixi
2006-8-29

* Re: help
@ 2005-11-16  8:40 ` Ian McDonald
From: Ian McDonald @ 2005-11-16  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hua Feijun; +Cc: linux-kernel

On 11/16/05, Hua Feijun <hua.feijun@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody!
> Could anybody tell me the differentia between linux/em64t and linux/ia64?
> Should i notice anything during migrating a project form linux/ia64 to
> linux/em64t?
> Thanks!!!

They are two quite different processor architectures. Have a look
using Google at AMD Opteron/Intel Pentium 4 64 bit vs Intel Itanium
(IA64).

At the minimum you will need to recompile anything you do as they are
incompatiable

--
Ian McDonald
http://wand.net.nz/~iam4

* help
@ 2005-11-16  8:26 Hua Feijun
From: Hua Feijun @ 2005-11-16  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

@ 2005-08-29  4:41 ` Randy.Dunlap
From: Randy.Dunlap @ 2005-08-29  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raja; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:31:31 +0530 raja wrote:

> I have subscribed in kernel newbie group.can anyone  you please tell me
> how can i post a question please.

send email to:
kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org

---

* help
@ 2005-08-29  4:01 raja
From: raja @ 2005-08-29  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-08-27  7:32 ` Pekka Enberg
From: Pekka Enberg @ 2005-08-27  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/27/05, raja <vnagaraju@effigent.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>      I am new to linux kernel programming.Will you please give me the
> useful mailing lists and how to subscribe please.

Please refer to http://www.kernelnewbies.org/.

                             Pekka

* help
@ 2005-08-27  7:01 raja
From: raja @ 2005-08-27  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

     I am new to linux kernel programming.Will you please give me the
useful mailing lists and how to subscribe please.
raja.

* help
@ 2005-05-28 14:15 John W. M. Stevens
From: John W. M. Stevens @ 2005-05-28 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

* Re: Help
@ 2005-01-22 11:16 ` Graeme T Ford
From: Graeme T Ford @ 2005-01-22 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

There's a file in the kernel source directory, named "README".

I advise you do as it says and read it, specifically the "Configuring
the kernel" part.

Graeme.

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:42:47 +0530, Pankaj Agarwal <pankaj@toughguy.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Kindly help/update me on how to set these parameters in the used kernel...
>
> CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER
>
> CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES
>
> CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Pankaj
>
> -

* Help
@ 2005-01-22 10:12 Pankaj Agarwal
From: Pankaj Agarwal @ 2005-01-22 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

@ 2005-01-11 15:16 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2005-01-11 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida; +Cc: linux-kernel

@ 2005-01-11 14:28 Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida
From: Bhupesh Kumar Pandey, Noida @ 2005-01-11 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Greg KH

Hi
can any one list current problems in hotplug of FC-HBA on PCI Express under
kernel 2.6.8?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks and Best Regards

Bhupesh Kumar Pandey

Member Technical Staff

	   __   _

  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __

 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /

/____/_/_//_/\___/ /_/\_\

System Software <outbind://10/main_files/image001.jpg>

G: A-11, Sec-16, Noida ': 9891968828, 2510701:3124

* help
@ 2004-08-18 12:24 Manik Raina
From: Manik Raina @ 2004-08-18 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

help

* Re: help
@ 2004-03-06 19:22 ` Francois Romieu
From: Francois Romieu @ 2004-03-06 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Billy Rose; +Cc: Linux Kernel

Billy Rose <billyrose@cox-internet.com> :
> the kernel mode console seems like a dead issue due to duplicate effort, what
> can i help on?

Different lists are available at http://vger.kernel.org

The archive of your choice will give you a lot of answers.

--
Ueimor

* help
@ 2004-03-06 17:00 Billy Rose
From: Billy Rose @ 2004-03-06 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel

the kernel mode console seems like a dead issue due to duplicate effort, what
can i help on?

--
. ~billyrose/make

* help
@ 2003-10-30 10:04 stefan.eletzhofer
From: stefan.eletzhofer @ 2003-10-30 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

help

* help
@ 2003-07-07 18:20 Justin Rush
From: Justin Rush @ 2003-07-07 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

* Re: Help
@ 2003-06-11  1:14 ` Lucas Correia Villa Real
From: Lucas Correia Villa Real @ 2003-06-11  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: madalin mihailescu, linux-kernel

Hi,

You can make use of the __setup() macro. A very simple example is given in the
devfs source code, on the base.c file.

Kind regards,
Lucas

On Friday 06 June 2003 02:55, madalin mihailescu wrote:
> I have a project: implementing four page-out
> alghorythms. I want to be able to select one of them
> at reboot as the first thing I do.
>
> I’m thinking of using a variable, but I don’t know
> where to put it.
>
> 10x
>
> Madalin

* Help