From: Anders Saaby <as@cohaesio.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Bad things happening to journaled filesystem machines; Was: Oops in kjournald
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:10:53 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

Well I just want to count my self in. - I have had quite a few of these
errors,
both on XFS and EXT3. I tried a lot of different 2.6.x kernels without
luck. (See other mails here on LKML from me and Jakob Oestergaard et al.)

It seems something is very broken in VFS(?) on 2.6 (atleast after 2.6.5,
which was the last kernel I didn't see this on, but had other errors that
forced me away from it).

Sadly it looks to me as if either noone cares (enough) about this, or noone
is capable of fixing it (myself included). :(

- 2.4.28 fixed it for me. - Just have to live with the poor performance.

--
Med venlig hilsen - Best regards - Meilleures salutations

Anders Saaby
Systems Engineer
Cohaesio A/S - Maglebjergvej 5D - DK-2800 Lyngby
Phone: +45 45 880 888 - Fax: +45 45 880 777
Mail: as@cohaesio.com - http://www.cohaesio.com