Am 2005-02-17 14:03:08, schrieb Chuck Harding: > Why can't the list owners apply spamassassin to the list's *incoming* > mail stream so we don't ever see this stuff? Nearly every one of the > lists hosted on vger.kernel.org get spammed on a regular basis because > there is no spam filtering before the messages get passed to majordomo. Sorry ? I remember, that for some month I have gotten minimum 15 SPAMs per day from this List. Siche two (???) month it is very silent here.. I think, there was an Admin which had changed the SPAM-Filter setings. But one thing: I an subscribed with two E-Mails to this list, the first one is secret and get all the mails from the List... SPAM is very rarely. The second E-Mail is, which I use to post here... and on which I get per day between 300 and 6000 SPAMs. I run my own spamassassin on my FileServer for all incoming Messges and see only 5-20 messages coming through my filters. Same for the 56 Debian mailinglist where I am subscribed. I do not know, what happen if kernel.org and debian.org deactivate the filters... maybe the Internet connection will not sufficiant to distribute the SPAM. Greetings Michelle -- Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/ Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886 50, rue de Soultz MSM LinuxMichi 0033/3/88452356 67100 Strasbourg/France IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)