On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:58:20 +0300, Markus =?UNKNOWN?Q?T=F6rnqvist?= said: > What pisses me off is the fact that Gnome and friends implement > their own incompatible-with-others VFS's and automounters and > stuff. The fact that things like Gnome, which are basically consumers of their own dogfood, have incompatible versions says very loudly that there's no consensus on the semantics.... > Surely supporting this in the kernel and extending the LSB > to require this is the best step to take without infringing > anyone's freedom as such. First we need to decide *if* it's to be supported, then *what* to support....