On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 10:56:36PM +0200, David Weinehall wrote: > >FreeDesktop is doing a lot of work to make GNOME, KDE, and other >DE:s interoperate as much as possible. Support their initiative What about WindowMaker with bash? >instead of trying to get a monstrosity (albeit a very cool one, >conceptually) into the kernel. Sure, it could be made to work, >but not without dropping our Unixness. And if we do, we should >start by looking at Plan 9 =) What's wrong with "dropping our Unixness" if it means taking an extra step toward Plan 9? Why is this a bad idea? -- mjt