Folks, Upon quick testing the latest mm kernel it appears there's some kind of race condition when using dual core cpu esp when using XORG and USB (although PS2 has same issue) kebyboard rate being too fast. The same behaviour happens on vanilla 2.6.13 kernel. Reporting this also to XORG list in hopes to help debug this issue. The platform is nForce4 SLI from ASUS (A8N-SLI Premium) with dual core X2 Athlon 3800+ processor. XORG version is 6.8.2 under Slackware 10.2. uname -a reports: Linux blaze 2.6.14-rc2-mm1 #1 SMP Sun Sep 25 17:03:22 EDT 2005 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux kernel config, dmesg output and lspci -vvv will be attached below. I have confirmed this with another fellow who is using the same setup and is having the same issue. Also worth noting is that the SATA performance is very poor, the hdparm results give ~33mb/s where on nforce2 previously the rates would be in ~58mb/s range. In comparison SCSI rates are in ~52mb/s range. This both happens on sata_nv and sata_sil controllers on this mainboard. One of the workarounds for me is to turn the keyboard rate in gnome-keybaord tools which helps. Also when browsing websites the USB mouse has problems with scrolling and the window painting seems very slow, like when typing www. in url bar can take up to 10 seconds before the bar shows previously entered urls. Playing mp3 makes the music skip very badly. I had not tried to use UP kernel but from the reports i've read the issue is gone when using X. As noted here http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2005-September/010148.html I can help debugging this and if more info is needed please CC the responses. Best Regards, Paul B.