Hi. On Tuesday 07 February 2006 19:33, Pavel Machek wrote: > On Po 06-02-06 22:17:04, Lee Revell wrote: > > On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 22:01 -0500, Jim Crilly wrote: > > > With uswsusp it'll be more flexible in that you'll be able to use any > > > userland process or library to transform the image before storing it, but > > > the suspend and resume processes are going to be a lot more complicated. > > > For instance, how are you going to tell the kernel that you need the > > > uswsusp UI binary, /bin/gzip and /usr/bin/gpg to run after the rest of > > > userland has been frozen? > > > > Unless someone at least gives a rough estimate of 1) what % of users > > can't suspend their laptops now and 2) of these, what % are helped by > > suspend2, this thread is just handwaving... > > and 3) for what % of users, suspend2 will actually break it (bugs > happen). Yep, I'm fallible too :) Which is why we have a mailing list and bugzilla :) Nigel -- See our web page for Howtos, FAQs, the Wiki and mailing list info. http://www.suspend2.net IRC: #suspend2 on Freenode