Hi. On Tuesday 07 February 2006 01:13, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote: > > > I like the chroot idea too. > > > > You're making this too complicated. Just require that the userspace program > > does all it's file opening etc prior to telling kernelspace to do > > anything. Then clearly document the requirement. If someone breaks the > > rule, it is their problem, and their testing should show their > > foolishness. We have done a similar thing in the Suspend2 userspace user > > interface code, and it works fine. > > Unfortunately I'd like to open at least one device file after freeze, for a > technical reason that probably does not exist in suspend2, so I need a > temporary filesystem anyway. Chrooting to it is just a cake. Does the open need to be delayed until after the freeze? > [BTW, we have the list suspend-devel@lists.sourceforge.net we'd like > to be a place for discussing the userspace suspend issues. If you could > subscribe to it, we'd be able to move the discussion there.] Will do. Sorry for the slow reply - had a bogus mail filtering rule. Nigel