On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:35:24 +0200, Matthias Andree said: > Mike Benoit wrote: > > > I've been bitten by running out of inodes on several occasions, and by > > switching to ReiserFS it saved one company I worked for over $250,000 > > because they didn't need to buy a totally new piece of software. > > ext3fs's inode density is configurable, reiserfs's hash overflow chain > length is not, and it doesn't show in df -i either. Equally important - you can usually *see* "out of inodes" coming on a 'df -i' long before a reiser3 filesystem hits the wall on a hash issue.