Hi, Siddha, Suresh B: > > No, it's in fact the same speed -- the BIOS just reads it wrongly. > > It sounds to me as a BIOS issue. From the boot log, it is quite clear that > TSCs are running at different speeds(different bogomips show this). Ah. OK, that convinces me -- I'll do a BIOS update as soon as possible. -- Matthias Urlichs | {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de | smurf@smurf.noris.de Disclaimer: The quote was selected randomly. Really. | http://smurf.noris.de - - Anyone nit-picking enough to write a letter of correction to an editor doubtless deserves the error that provoked it. -- Alvin Toffler