On Wednesday 06 June 2007, Bjorn Helgaas wrote: > On Tuesday 05 June 2007 09:29:11 pm Andrey Borzenkov wrote: > > On Wednesday 06 June 2007, Bjorn Helgaas wrote: > > > Something's wrong with this strategy. The BIOS is telling us that an > > > SMCf010 device is present, active, and responds at io ports 0x100-0x107 > > > and 0x2e8-0x2ef. The fact that it happens to be on the other side of > > > an ISA or LPC bridge should be immaterial to the OS driver. > > > > I thought this as well. > > If this is really true, it also means we shouldn't twiddle with the > bridge. If the BIOS left us a working setup, the preconfiguration > is certainly going to change it to something incompatible with the > PNP info. > > What if we try the following patch, which keeps the FIR/SIR swap and > just removes the preconfiguration? > I already tried different patch but with similar effect (switch off preconfiguration) - it does not work. I am beginning to doubt whether drier works on my system at all (i.e. before PnP change); have to find time to test. -andrey