I needed the attached patch on top of the bptest patch for the current code. Btw, that is a very nice little tester! Below that is a patch to go on top of your current patch, with x86-64 support. I've only tried a few trivial tests with bptest (including an 8-byte bp), which worked great. It is a pretty faithful copy of your i386 changes. I'm still not sure we have all that right, but you might as well incorporate this into your patch. You should change the x86_64 code in parallel with any i386 changes we decide on later, and I can test it and send you any typo fixups or whatnot. Thanks, Roland