From: Rik van Riel <riel@redhat.com>
To: balbir@linux.vnet.ibm.com
Cc: Linux Memory Management List <linux-mm@kvack.org>,
	Nick Piggin <nickpiggin@yahoo.com.au>,
	Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl>,
	Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com>,
	Lee Schermerhorn <Lee.Schermerhorn@hp.com>,
	KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki <kamezawa.hiroyu@jp.fujitsu.com>,
	Pavel Emelianov <xemul@sw.ru>,
	YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamamoto@valinux.co.jp>,
	Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>,
	"Martin J. Bligh" <mbligh@google.com>,
	Andy Whitcroft <andyw@uk.ibm.com>,
	Srivatsa Vaddagiri <vatsa@in.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: What can we do to get ready for memory controller merge in 2.6.25
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:47:26 -0500	[thread overview]

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:13:17 +0530
Balbir Singh <balbir@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> They say better strike when the iron is hot.
>
> Since we have so many people discussing the memory controller, I would
> like to access the readiness of the memory controller for mainline
> merge.

> At the VM-Summit we decided to try the current double LRU approach for
> memory control. At this juncture in the space-time continuum, I seek
> your support, feedback, comments and help to move the memory controller

The memory controller code currently in -mm seems fine to me,
especially with the changes that got committed over the last
days making reclaim more efficient.

I don't think there are any bugs left that can be found by
code inspection - only the kind of testing that the mainline
kernel gets might shake out more bugs.

I would like to see the memory controller code go into the
mainline kernel ASAP.

--
All Rights Reversed