From: Matti Aarnio <matti.aarnio@zmailer.org>
To: Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp>
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Does vger.kernel.org automatically drop spams?
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:35:45 +0200	[thread overview]

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 10:25:52PM +0900, Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I posted a message to netdev@vger.kernel.org,
> linux-security-module@vger.kernel.org and netfilter-devel@vger.kernel.org
> 11 hours ago, but it seems to me my message has not delivered yet.
> Usually it won't take 10 minutes to be delivered.
> So, I'm thinking my messages was dropped.
>
> Does vger.kernel.org have spam filter and automatically drop spams?

Yes.  Yes.  And even worse: SILENTLY drop it.  The reason was:

     global taboo header: m!OJFS!

I don't recall why that was declared taboo, but it apparently bites
on References: headers..  Entirely unintentional, I assure you.

We (the postmasters) can approve your messages for posting, but it
will take a few hours that I get off work, and have time to do it.
(I need to do some additional setups, all those lists are not
in my existing majordomo password database..)

/Matti Aarnio -- one of  <postmaster@vger.kernel.org>