On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 05:01:17PM -0300, Rafael Sisto wrote: > Thank you for the quick answer, but It's a college project, and I must > share user level memory. I also must build my own system calls... > But I can look what is already done and make something similar. Do you > think shmget would do? Does it share user level memory? Yes. They both do, but the Posix one is based on a ramfs or tmpfs on /dev/shm and shared mmaps. I think analyzing the SysV version will be better for your needs. shmget: create the memory region shmat: attach the memory region to this process. -- Luciano Rocha Eurotux Informática, S.A.