Am Mittwoch, 9. Januar 2008 schrieb Fengguang Wu: Thank your for the hint with the filesystems! > Thank you for the clue. However I cannot reproduce the bug on > ext2/2.6.24-rc7. Can you provide more details? Thank you. I attached some more information. I'm using the ata_piix driver for my PATA disk and cdrom drive and booted with hpet=force. Kernel 2.6.23.X has been patched with the -hrt patches to enable the hidden hpet time on the ICH4-M chipset. I just rebooted the notebook and mounted /tmp again as ext2 and now the iowait problem is back. Seems to be reproducible on my computer. What additional information do you need? regards, Jörg -- PGP Key: send mail with subject 'SEND PGP-KEY' PGP Key-ID: FD 4E 21 1D PGP Fingerprint: 388A872AFC5649D3 BCEC65778BE0C605