Hi Michal, On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:47:54 +1100 Stephen Rothwell wrote: > > On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:02:00 +0100 Michal Marek wrote: > > > > > _Maybe_ we could work around it by letting fixdep remove the actual > > > source file from the list of dependencies in the .cmd file. The > > > dependency on the .c / .S / whatever file is given by the Makefiles, the > > > .cmd file is only needed for additional dependencies on headers. Let's > > > see what else breaks then ;). > > > > It seems to work for me. Can you try the patch below? It needs to be > > applied before merging 9599ec0 to have any effect. > > Thanks, I will apply this as a fix on top of Linus' tree before I merge > anything else. It looks simple enough that Linus may take it as a fix > right now. Better to convince ourselves first, though, right? That patch fixed the problem for me and has caused no obvious problems. Acked-by: Stephen Rothwell -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/