On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 04:28:37PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote: > On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 04:10:21PM +0100, Wolfram Sang wrote: > > For the upcoming 2/6-format, we don't see debugfs output otherwise, > > since the current division results in 0. I'd think 10/14 is broken > > currently, too. > > This looks good but could you please rebase on top of topic/core, it > conflicts with the support for padding bytes. It's not really entirely > incorrect, the bytes values aren't terribly well defined for register > sizes that aren't integer numbers of bytes as they were never intended > to be used then. The assumption did leak out into debugfs though. I wondered if you'd save reg_bits and val_bits there (converting to *_bytes when needed), you could replace all the format_x_y-functions with a few generic functions doing (reg << y) | val. Unsure if it is worth it... -- Pengutronix e.K. | Wolfram Sang | Industrial Linux Solutions | http://www.pengutronix.de/ |