On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:04:12 +0800 Shaohua Li wrote: > The patches add TRIM support for raid linear/0/1/10. I'll add TRIM support for > raid 4/5/6 later. The implementation is pretty straightforward and > self-explained. > > Thanks, > Shaohua Thanks. They look mostly OK. In raid0.c, I think you'll need to change /* Sanity check -- queue functions should prevent this happening */ if (bio->bi_vcnt != 1 || bio->bi_idx != 0) goto bad_map; to also allow for 'bi_vcnt == 0' like you did in bio_split. Also I wonder about handling failure in RAID1. I think the code will currently treat it like a write error, and maybe record a bad block (then fail the device is writing the badblock record fails). Is that what were want? And of course resync/recovery will mess up the discarded sector information, so this isn't a complete solution for RAID1. But it is a reasonable start. Thanks, NeilBrown