On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 01:50:59PM +0200, Johan Hovold wrote: > On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 11:43:44AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > > > + 5 - 4.194 s > > > + 6 - 8.389 s > > > + 7 - 16.78 s > > Shouldn't these be controlled by led_blink_set() rather than a custom > > ABI? > led_blink_set controls the on/off times, but the LM3533 has the two > additional rise and fall-time settings which determine the transition > time between these states. Hrm. In that case these rise times are very large - I'd expect them to cause issues with led_set_blink() users? Though actually I suspect the solution here is to pull these out into the framework later; we can probably simulate reasonably in software with a lot of brightness variable LEDs. > > > +What: /sys/class/leds//max_current > > Shouldn't this be set by platform data, the maximum current you can push > > through the LEDs seems like a board dependant thing which won't change > > dynamically at runtime. The brightness can already be varied. > I fully agree and it is possible to set via the platform data for that > reason. The end-customer, however, insisted that even this setting be > available through sysfs to facilitate their integration and testing. > I'd be willing drop this attribute if requested, as it would only be used > during integration and could easily be added back by the end-customer if > needed. I'd strongly suggest removing this for mainline. If it's present it should at least be limited to the maximum specified in platform data (just for safety if nothing else).