* PM: Summary of changes for v3.7
@ 2012-09-18 20:19 Rafael J. Wysocki
From: Rafael J. Wysocki @ 2012-09-18 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

All of the changes I'd like to include into the first PM pull request during
the v3.7 merge window, except maybe for a couple of patches I know of, but
haven't decided what to do with them yet, is on the 'linux-next' branch of the
linux-pm.git tree now.

The summary of those changes is appended.  If anyone finds any of them
objectionable, please let me know ASAP.  Also please let me know if there are
any power management patches I've seen already that you'd like me to take for
v3.7 (if I haven't seen them yet, they clearly are not v3.7 material, unless
they are urgent fixes).

Thanks,
Rafael

---

 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-system-cpu |  11 +
 Documentation/cpu-freq/boost.txt                   |  93 +++++
 Documentation/cpuidle/sysfs.txt                    |  10 +-
 .../devicetree/bindings/cpufreq/cpufreq-cpu0.txt   |  55 +++
 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/power/opp.txt    |  25 ++
 arch/arm/kernel/smp.c                              |  54 +++
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/Makefile                    |   2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/board-ap4evb.c              |  21 +-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/board-armadillo800eva.c     |   6 +-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/board-mackerel.c            |  34 +-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/common.c                    |  24 --
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/cpuidle.c                   |  39 +-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/include/mach/common.h       |  14 +-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/include/mach/pm-rmobile.h   |  35 +-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/include/mach/r8a7740.h      |   6 +-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/include/mach/r8a7779.h      |  12 +-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/include/mach/sh7372.h       |  20 +-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/pm-r8a7740.c                |  42 ++-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/pm-r8a7779.c                |  71 ++--
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/pm-rmobile.c                |  33 +-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/pm-sh7372.c                 | 283 ++++++++------
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/setup-r8a7740.c             |  27 +-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/setup-r8a7779.c             |   5 +-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/setup-sh7372.c              |  69 ++--
 arch/x86/include/asm/msr-index.h                   |   3 +
 drivers/acpi/processor_driver.c                    |   8 +-
 drivers/acpi/processor_idle.c                      |  40 +-
 drivers/acpi/processor_perflib.c                   |  30 ++
 drivers/base/platform.c                            |   2 +
 drivers/base/power/domain.c                        | 244 ++++++++++---
 drivers/base/power/main.c                          |  35 +-
 drivers/base/power/opp.c                           |  47 +++
 drivers/base/power/power.h                         |  36 +-
 drivers/base/power/wakeup.c                        |  46 ++-
 drivers/clocksource/sh_cmt.c                       |  71 +++-
 drivers/clocksource/sh_mtu2.c                      |  41 ++-
 drivers/clocksource/sh_tmu.c                       | 112 +++++-
 drivers/cpufreq/Kconfig                            |  11 +
 drivers/cpufreq/Kconfig.x86                        |  18 +-
 drivers/cpufreq/Makefile                           |   4 +-
 drivers/cpufreq/acpi-cpufreq.c                     | 272 +++++++++++++-
 drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq-cpu0.c                     | 269 ++++++++++++++
 drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_conservative.c             |   2 +
 drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_ondemand.c                 |   1 +
 drivers/cpufreq/longhaul.h                         |  26 +-
 drivers/cpufreq/omap-cpufreq.c                     |  35 --
 drivers/cpufreq/powernow-k8.c                      | 406 ++-------------------
 drivers/cpufreq/powernow-k8.h                      |  32 --
 drivers/cpuidle/governors/ladder.c                 |   6 +-
 drivers/xen/xen-acpi-processor.c                   |   1 -
 include/acpi/processor.h                           |   9 +-
 include/linux/clockchips.h                         |   8 +
 include/linux/device.h                             |   7 +
 include/linux/opp.h                                |   8 +
 include/linux/pm.h                                 |   2 +
 include/linux/pm_domain.h                          |  92 ++++-
 kernel/power/Kconfig                               |   4 +
 kernel/power/poweroff.c                            |   2 +-
 kernel/power/process.c                             |   2 +-
 kernel/power/qos.c                                 |   1 +
 kernel/time/clockevents.c                          |  24 ++
 kernel/time/timekeeping.c                          |   2 +

---------------

Amit Daniel Kachhap (1):
      PM / cpufreq: Initialise the cpu field during conservative governor start

Andi Kleen (1):
      sections: fix section conflicts in drivers/cpufreq

Andre Przywara (5):
      acpi-cpufreq: Add quirk to disable _PSD usage on all AMD CPUs
      cpufreq: Add warning message to powernow-k8
      powernow-k8: delay info messages until initialization has succeeded
      acpi-cpufreq: Add support for disabling dynamic overclocking
      acpi-cpufreq: Add compatibility for legacy AMD cpb sysfs knob

Borislav Petkov (1):
      cpufreq / powernow-k8: Fixup missing _PSS objects message

Carsten Emde (1):
      Honor state disabling in the cpuidle ladder governor

Daniel Lezcano (4):
      cpuidle / ACPI : remove power from acpi_processor_cx structure
      ACPI / processor: remove unused function parameter
      ACPI / processor: remove pointless variable initialization
      cpuidle / ACPI : move cpuidle_device field out of the acpi_processor_power structure

Jan Beulich (1):
      properly __init-annotate pm_sysrq_init()

John Stultz (1):
      PM / wakeup: Use irqsave/irqrestore for events_lock

Luis Gonzalez Fernandez (1):
      PM / QoS: Add return code to pm_qos_get_value function.

Matthew Garrett (3):
      acpi-cpufreq: Add support for modern AMD CPUs
      ACPI: Add fixups for AMD P-state figures
      cpufreq: Remove support for hardware P-state chips from powernow-k8

Michal Pecio (2):
      cpufreq / ondemand: update frequency when limits are relaxed
      cpufreq: conservative: update frequency when limits are relaxed

Rafael J. Wysocki (40):
      PM / cpuidle: Make ladder governor use the "disabled" state flag
      PM / Domains: Introduce simplified power on routine for system resume
      PM / Domains: Add power off/on function for system core suspend stage
      timekeeping: Add suspend and resume of clock event devices
      sh: TMU: Introduce clocksource/clock events suspend/resume routines
      sh: CMT: Introduce clocksource/clock events suspend/resume routines
      sh: MTU2: Introduce clock events suspend/resume routines
      PM: Reorganize device PM initialization
      PM / Runtime: Allow helpers to be called by early platform drivers
      PM / Domains: Rename the always_on device flag to syscore
      PM / Domains: Move syscore flag from subsys data to struct device
      PM / Domains: Do not measure start time for "irq safe" devices
      sh: TMU: Basic runtime PM support
      sh: CMT: Basic runtime PM support
      sh: MTU2: Basic runtime PM support
      PM: Do not use the syscore flag for runtime PM
      PM / Domains: Make it possible to use domain names when adding devices
      PM / Domains: Make it possible to use names when adding subdomains
      PM / Domains: Add power-on function using names to identify domains
      PM / Domains: Document cpuidle-related functions and change their names
      PM / Domains: Operations related to cpuidle using domain names
      ARM: shmobile: Use names of power domains for adding devices to them
      ARM: shmobile: Drop r8a7779_add_device_to_domain()
      ARM: shmobile: Use domain names when adding subdomains to power domains
      ARM: shmobile: Add routine for automatic PM domains initialization
      ARM: shmobile: Do not access sh7372 A4S domain internals directly
      ARM: shmobile: Move sh7372's PM domain objects to a table
      ARM: shmobile: Move r8a7740's PM domain objects to a table
      ARM: shmobile: Move r8a7779's PM domain objects to a table
      ARM: shmobile: Make rmobile_init_pm_domain() static
      ARM: shmobile: Set PM domain on/off latencies directly
      ARM: shmobile: Allow device latencies to be specified directly
      ARM: shmobile: Specify device latencies for SH7372 devices directly
      ARM: shmobile: Specify device latencies for Mackerel devices directly
      ARM: shmobile: Rework adding devices to PM domains on Mackerel
      ARM: shmobile: Rework adding devices to PM domains on AP4EVB
      ARM: shmobile: Remove the console check from sh7372_enter_suspend()
      ARM: shmobile: Move definition of shmobile_init_late() to header
      ARM: shmobile: Make sh7372 cpuidle handling more straightforward
      ARM: shmobile: Add A4S cpuidle state on sh7372

Richard Zhao (2):
      ARM: add cpufreq transiton notifier to adjust loops_per_jiffy for smp
      cpufreq: OMAP: remove loops_per_jiffy recalculate for smp

Sachin Kamat (1):
      PM / Domains: Fix compilation warning related to genpd_start_dev_no_timing()

Sedat Dilek (1):
      PM / Freezer: Fix small typo "regrigerator"

Shawn Guo (2):
      PM / OPP: Initialize OPP table from device tree
      cpufreq: Add a generic cpufreq-cpu0 driver

Todd Poynor (1):
      PM / Sleep: Print name of wakeup source that aborts suspend

* RE: Summary of changes for v3.7
@ 2012-09-18 21:18 ` Karicheri, Muralidharan
From: Karicheri, Muralidharan @ 2012-09-18 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael J. Wysocki, LKML

Rafael,

Could you review the attached patch which is sent to the list and merge it if it looks ok? If not, please provide your comment.

Murali Karicheri
Software Design Engineer

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3224 bytes --]

From: "Karicheri, Muralidharan" <m-karicheri2@ti.com>
To: "pavel@ucw.cz" <pavel@ucw.cz>, "rjw@sisk.pl" <rjw@sisk.pl>, "len.brown@intel.com" <len.brown@intel.com>, "gregkh@linuxfoundation.org" <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>, "linux-pm@vger.kernel.org" <linux-pm@vger.kernel.org>, "linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>, "Chemparathy, Cyril" <cyril@ti.com>, "mturquette@linaro.org" <mturquette@linaro.org>
Cc: "Karicheri, Muralidharan" <m-karicheri2@ti.com>
Subject: [RFC - PATCH] base:pm: prepare driver for common clock framework
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 22:19:34 +0000

As part of my work to migrate davinci SoC code to
use common clk framework, I encountered an issue with this driver
which is calling clk_enable() and clk_disable() without prepare()/
unprepare(). This change is needed to enable common clock migration
for davinci SoCs.

Signed-off-by: Murali Karicheri <m-karicheri2@ti.com>

diff --git a/drivers/base/power/clock_ops.c b/drivers/base/power/clock_ops.c
index eb78e96..9d8fde7 100644
--- a/drivers/base/power/clock_ops.c
+++ b/drivers/base/power/clock_ops.c
@@ -99,7 +99,7 @@ static void __pm_clk_remove(struct pm_clock_entry *ce)

        if (ce->status < PCE_STATUS_ERROR) {
                if (ce->status == PCE_STATUS_ENABLED)
-                       clk_disable(ce->clk);
+                       clk_disable_unprepare(ce->clk);

                if (ce->status >= PCE_STATUS_ACQUIRED)
                        clk_put(ce->clk);
@@ -396,7 +396,7 @@ static void enable_clock(struct device *dev, const char *con_id)

        clk = clk_get(dev, con_id);
        if (!IS_ERR(clk)) {
-               clk_enable(clk);
+               clk_prepare_enable(clk);
                clk_put(clk);
                dev_info(dev, "Runtime PM disabled, clock forced on.\n");
        }
@@ -413,7 +413,7 @@ static void disable_clock(struct device *dev, const char *con_id)

        clk = clk_get(dev, con_id);
        if (!IS_ERR(clk)) {
-               clk_disable(clk);
+               clk_disable_unprepare(clk);
                clk_put(clk);
                dev_info(dev, "Runtime PM disabled, clock forced off.\n");
        }
--
1.7.9.5

* Re: Summary of changes for v3.7
@ 2012-09-18 21:36   ` Rafael J. Wysocki
From: Rafael J. Wysocki @ 2012-09-18 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karicheri, Muralidharan

On Tuesday, September 18, 2012, Karicheri, Muralidharan wrote:
> Rafael,
>
> Could you review the attached patch which is sent to the list and merge it
> if it looks ok? If not, please provide your comment.

You've sent it as an RFC and never submitted again, so I thought it was
dropped.

Please see my comment in a reply to the original patch message I've just sent.

Thanks,
Rafael

* Re: PM: Summary of changes for v3.7
@ 2012-09-19  0:08 ` Yasuaki Ishimatsu
From: Yasuaki Ishimatsu @ 2012-09-19  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael J. Wysocki

Hi Rafael,

I'd like to include following thread's patch into v3.7.

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1282121/

The patch has been discussed and I have updated all comments.

Thanks,
Yasuaki Ishimatsu

@ 2012-09-19 12:36   ` Rafael J. Wysocki
From: Rafael J. Wysocki @ 2012-09-19 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yasuaki Ishimatsu

On Wednesday, September 19, 2012, Yasuaki Ishimatsu wrote:
> Hi Rafael,
>
> I'd like to include following thread's patch into v3.7.
>
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1282121/
>
> The patch has been discussed and I have updated all comments.

Well, the patch is not directly related to power management, so I can't take it
(unless Len tells me that I can).

I suppose Len has his own patch queue for v3.7 and your patch may be in that
queue already.

Thanks,
Rafael

@ 2012-09-20  7:00     ` Yasuaki Ishimatsu
From: Yasuaki Ishimatsu @ 2012-09-20  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael J. Wysocki

Hi Rafael,

2012/09/19 21:36, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday, September 19, 2012, Yasuaki Ishimatsu wrote:
>> Hi Rafael,
>>
>> I'd like to include following thread's patch into v3.7.
>>
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1282121/
>>
>> The patch has been discussed and I have updated all comments.
>
> Well, the patch is not directly related to power management, so I can't take it
> (unless Len tells me that I can).
>
> I suppose Len has his own patch queue for v3.7 and your patch may be in that
> queue already.

Thank you for the reply. And sorry for my mistake of merge request.
I will confirm the current status of my patch to Len again.

Thanks,
Yasuaki Ishimatsu