On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 09:35:28AM +0800, Ming Lei wrote: > Solomon, I can't duplicate the build failure with your .config on 3.7-rc5-next. Okay, so it's since been fixed. > > * The #ifdef wraps code that pertains solely to built-in firmware, (ie > > CONFIG_FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL) and has an #else path for when it's disabled. > > * There is no point in a CONFIG_FW_LOADER test inside firmware_class.c > > when the file isn't even compiled unless CONFIG_FW_LOADER is defined. > > Enabling CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE still can make one firmware built in kernel > even though CONFIG_FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL isn't defined, so your patch will break > this case. So... isn't the logical solution here to make CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMARE depend on (or enable) CONFIG_FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL? After all, the two are apparently related. I can update my patch to include this, and rewrite the commit message so it's relevant to modern kernels, or I can just drop this and forget the whole affair. - Solomon -- Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^ Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.