On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 01:03:06PM +0000, Arnd Bergmann wrote: > On Tuesday 22 January 2013, Thierry Reding wrote: > > I planned to do so initially, but that yielded a Cc list of 156 people > > and mailing lists, which I thought wasn't going to go down so well > > either. In general I like Cc'ing everyone concerned on all patches of > > the series, specifically for reasons of context. Some people have been > > annoyed when I did so. Still, for small series where only a few dozen > > people are concerned that seems to me to be the best way. But 156 email > > addresses is a different story. > > > > Either you add to many people or you don't add enough. Where do we draw > > the line? > > I've had the same problem a couple of times. The best compromise seems > to be to Cc only the top-level subsystem maintainers and mailing lists > on the first email. Even that would have been about 50 addresses IIRC. But perhaps that's still the best compromise to avoid any confusion. Thierry