On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 05:19:43PM +0100, Julia Lawall wrote: > If the definition of a bitmask is an identifier in all capital letters, > that would be easy. Another possibility is such an identifier that is > defined to a value expressed beginning with 0x. Another possibility is > such an identifier that is sometimes used with & and | and sometimes used > with an arithmetic operation. I will give them a try. > Oddly enough, this thread started because I wrote a script to do this in Smatch. It turns out not as useful as I had hoped, so I wasn't planning to push it. Anyway, I've gzipped it and attached it. It's 350k because it has a list of 50k macros which were used as bit masks. Hopefully, it's helpful. It generates 350 warnings, but they are almost all false positives. I have sent two patches based on the output. regards, dan carpenter