On 02-17 21:40, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote: > Does the commit immediately preceding this one behave correctly? Strangely the preceding commit works well, so I bisected the kernel again, this time more carefully and I've got a different result! (see bisect_log attachement). It seems to be commit 73201dbec64aebf6b0dca855b523f437972dc7bb (https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1511921/). Someone on LKML already reported an issue with this commit (https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/18/228) , but Peter Anvins patch got already applied in newer versions. Reverting this patch with the recent git clone seems to be difficult because it already has too much dependencies. Additionally I've included dmesg dumps of the last good and the bad kernel version. On 02-17 12:52, H. Peter Anvin wrote: > T43 is quite old... which might have exposed unique bugs. How reliable is the failure? Even one misidentified commit results in git bisect giving garbage. It affects really all versions after that commit and the failure happens every time I try to resume my notebook. Best regards, Jonas