On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 11:09:26AM +0200, Wolfram Sang wrote: > Class based instantiation can cause huge delays when booting. This > mechanism was used when it was not possible to describe slaves on I2C > busses. We now have other mechanisms, so most embedded I2C will not need > classes and it was explicitly not recommended to use them. Add a > deprecation warning for drivers who want to disable class based in the > near future to gain boot-up time, so users relying on this technique can > switch to something better. They really should. > > Signed-off-by: Wolfram Sang No reactions on this, pity. Deferring.