On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 01:03:19AM +0200, Tomasz Figa wrote: > On Sunday 11 of August 2013 20:11:40 Mark Brown wrote: > > Do we need the select here (or should we have other selects for the > > Exynos SoCs)? > The driver would build fine without this symbol selected, but since it > relies on availability of DMA, it doesn't make too much sense to build it > this way. This kind of selects makes kernel configuration more user > friendly IMHO. > Possibly adding appropriate selects (PL330) for s5p* and exynos could make > sense. Right. On these SoCs it's probably worth doing it in the arch/arm code rather than for every device using the controller though, it's the same DMA controller for everything.