On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 10:05:49AM +0200, Luca Coelho wrote: > > What I'm not really convinced about is *how* you carry that metadata > > in the DT, that's all, nothing more. > > Okay, I get you. My point is that being a crystal or not *is* a > characteristic of the clock, so I think it could be part of the flags > that describe it. Yeah, but then, a crystal has a slightly different behaviour and property than a oscillator, therefore the two aren't fully "compatible" with each other. > In any case, it's not really my call. This is about the clock and it's > not even my home turf (wireless). ;) > > Thanks for your comments. And I'm sorry if the tone of my previous > email sounded harsh, it was not supposed to. :) That's fine, don't worry :) Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering http://free-electrons.com