On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:09:01PM +0400, Alexey Charkov wrote: > 2014-04-29 21:36 GMT+04:00 Jan Moskyto Matejka : > > Fixed different size cast warning: > > > > drivers/net/ethernet/via/via-rhine.c: In function ‘rhine_init_one_platform’: > > drivers/net/ethernet/via/via-rhine.c:1132:13: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size [-Wpointer-to-int-cast] > > revision = (u32)match->data; > > ^ > > Looks like the same would apply to e.g. drivers/clk/samsung/clk.c and > maybe some others... Also, a number of drivers cast OF data from (void > *) to (int) or (unsigned int) - isn't this also problematic on 64bit? Some of them are, some not, sometimes nobody knows. If it were up to me, I would personally put a single comment "this throws a compilation warning because this and that" at every place where the warning is thrown and is to be ignored. So I do fix almost every warning of this kind I come across. Better to have that fixed than to believe that the warning is harmless (as this probably really was). I'm just running a script that checks the tree for new build warnings and then analysing the script's output ... and sometimes it's worth fixing, sometimes not. Moskyto