On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 09:12:31AM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote: > > So the one issue I had with that, is that if one tries to send an > > email to all arch maintainers + linux-arch + linux-kernel, the > > header gets too big and vger chokes and davem slaps you. > > > > So while its possibly desirable to do big unions with 0/xx and the > > like, its practically infeasible. > > > > ... or at least requires the use of a particular advanced technology > called Bcc:. Not that I like Bcc:s, mind you, but it is probably > better in this case. That's actually a good idea, I'll use Bcc next time. > I have no idea how smart vger is, but it would be interesting if it > could ignore addresses from the MAINTAINERS list... I suppose we should ask davem, although if such a particular loop hole were known it might get abused and we'd all end up with more email :/