On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 21:17:32 +0200, Dietmar Eggemann wrote: >Hi Bruno and Josh, > >From the issue, I see that the machine making trouble is an Xeon (2 >processors w/ hyper-threading). > >Could you please share: > > cat /proc/cpuinfo and I have attached it to the bug and to this message. > cat /proc/schedstat (kernel config w/ CONFIG_SCHEDSTATS=y) It looks like that isn't set for my previous builds and I'll need to set it for my next test build. >Could you also put the two BUG_ON lines into build_sched_groups() >[kernel/sched/core.c] wo/ the cpumask_clear() and setting >sg->sgc->capacity to 0 and share the possible crash output as well? I can try a new build with this. I can probably get results back tomorrow before I leave for work. The crashes happen too early in the boot process for me to easily capture output as text. I can slow things down to take pictures though.