On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 10:57:55AM +0200, Dietmar Eggemann wrote: > There is also the possibility that the memory for sched_group sg is not > (completely) zeroed out: > > sg = kzalloc_node(sizeof(struct sched_group) + cpumask_size(), > GFP_KERNEL, cpu_to_node(j)); > > > struct sched_group { > ... > * NOTE: this field is variable length. (Allocated dynamically > * by attaching extra space to the end of the structure, > * depending on how many CPUs the kernel has booted up with) > */ > unsigned long cpumask[0]; well kZalloc should Zero the entire allocated size, and the specified size very much includes the cpumask size as per: sizeof(struct sched_group) + cpumask_size() But yeah, I'm also a bit puzzled why this goes bang. Makes we worry we scribble it somewhere or so.