On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 07:53:19PM +0200, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote: > On 08/22/2014 04:45 PM, Mark Brown wrote: > > On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 02:15:46PM +0200, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote: > >> Mark, any opinions on how this should be solved will be highly appreciated. > > If someone could tell me what "this" is that'd help... > Sorry for not being clear on that regard. By "this" I meant the problem > reported by Yuvaraj. That mail was rather lengthy and seemed to be discussing several issues. > The problem is that one of these regulators is used as the vqmmc-supply > (VCCQ/VDD_IO) so the mmc host controller driver disables it on > MMC_POWER_OFF. Now AFAIK (Yuvaraj can correct me what I got wrong) this > shouldn't be an issue since on card detection, the vqmmc supply should be > enabled again but on Exynos the built-in card detect line is on the same > power rail as vqmmc. That means that disabling the regulator prevents card > insertions to be detected. If the MMC host controller needs a supply enabling in order to do card detection and it's supposed to be doing card detection I'd expect it to be enabling that supply. Why is it not doing that?