On Mon, Sep 08, 2014 at 02:07:22PM +0300, Alexander Shishkin wrote: > Peter Zijlstra writes: > > In particular this looks like it will allocate double the total amount > > of pages and 'loose' half of them. There is no corresponding code in the > > free path to collect them. > > This code makes the biggest high order allocation no bigger than half of > the total requested size. Then, when I allocate the high-order chunks, I > do a split_page() on them and everywhere else in the code they are > treated as individual pages, including the free path. So this patch has > no implication on freeing. Is this your concern? Ah right. I completely misread the patch. Sorry for the noise.