On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 07:10:31PM +0100, Stefan Agner wrote: > It would be interesting to know what the authors original motivation > implementing this feature was. Reading the email of the original > patchset indicates that there are platforms where only TCF is supported: > > For adopting of different platform, either of them is a way of DSPI > transfer data. > > However, I don't know which platform that would be. Also, it seems that > Chao Fu's email is not valid anymore. It's not clear to me if the above means that this is due to hardware differences or due to tuning for the platform.