On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 12:26:13PM -0400, Peter Hurley wrote: > Linus, > > I just got an automated bounce reply from Vinod Koul stating > he's on vacation til April 12th, so I'd appreciate if you could > revert this commit [1] for 4.0-final. > > The commit generates a WARNING [2] in a effort to get dmaengine drivers > to add new functionality. > > I sent Vinod a note that this was happening on Beaglebone Blacks > back on Mar 5 (-rc3). He thought the functionality would be added > shortly, but it wasn't, so the WARNING is still happening on -rc7. For completeness, note that this is just a warning generated at boot. It doesn't change the previous behaviour in any way. Any existing code will work just as well as it used to. Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering http://free-electrons.com