On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 05:16:56PM +0100, Wolfram Sang wrote: > This tool allows to construct and concat multiple I2C messages into one > single transfer. Its aim is to test I2C master controllers, and so there > is no SMBus fallback. > > Signed-off-by: Wolfram Sang > --- > > I've been missing such a tool a number of times now, so I finally got around to > writing it myself. As with all I2C tools, it can be dangerous, but it can also > be very useful when developing. I am not sure if distros should supply it, I'll > leave that to Jean's experience. For embedded build systems, I think this > should be selectable. It is RFC for now because it needs broader testing and some > more beautification. However, I've been using it already to test the i2c_quirk > infrastructure and Renesas I2C controllers. Jean, my tests went well and so I want to brush it up for inclusion into i2c-tools upstream. Any show-stoppers you see from a high-level point of view?