On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 04:11:47PM +0100, Lee Jones wrote: > On Wed, 29 Apr 2015, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote: > > On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 4:17 PM, Lee Jones wrote: > > > This useful binding should be accepted and people should not abuse > > > it. If they do and the vendor Maintainer's review and accept then > > > they have no foundation for recourse. > > > > > > Would you prefer it if I made the warning starker? > > > > Perhaps you can add a check for "clock-always-on" to scripts/checkpatch.pl, > > to make people aware they should think twice? > > That's a really nice idea! > > Maxime, would that make you happ(y|ier)? Do whatever you want. This binding is going to be merged no matter what, so my opinion has really little value here. Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering http://free-electrons.com