Sudip Mukherjee wrote: > On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 04:47:23PM +0200, Amaury Denoyelle wrote: > > This patch fixes coding style errors reported by checkpatch.pl for > > cb_pcidas64.c, about too long source code lines. > > > > Signed-off-by: Amaury Denoyelle > > --- > > > } > > > > -/* adjusts the size of hardware fifo (which determines block size for dma xfers) */ > > +/* adjusts the size of hardware fifo > > + * (which determines block size for dma xfers) */ > > This is not the style for multi-line comments. Please check CodingStyle > in Documentation. > > > static int set_ai_fifo_size(struct comedi_device *dev, unsigned int num_samples) > > { > > > > > @@ -1987,8 +1990,8 @@ static unsigned int get_divisor(unsigned int ns, unsigned int flags) > > > > /* utility function that rounds desired timing to an achievable time, and > > * sets cmd members appropriately. > > - * adc paces conversions from master clock by dividing by (x + 3) where x is 24 bit number > > - */ > > + * adc paces conversions from master clock by dividing by (x + 3) where x is > > + * 24 bit number */ > same here > > and when you are sending just one patch, you do not need to mention > [Patch 1/1] in the subject. just mention [Patch] > > regards > sudip Thanks for your review. I was aware of the coding style for multi-line comments, but I chose to follow the same convention already used in the source file. I submit a new version where I respect the coding style in the comments I fixed. I editted only multi-line comments that were too long, in order to not have a messy patch. If you think it's better to be done, maybe I could submit a two-part patch. regards, -- Amaury Denoyelle