Hi Maxime, On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 10:10:35PM +0200, Maxime Coquelin wrote: > > The only thing we did that stands out a bit is that we actually need > > the reset driver much earlier than the default probe, since some of > > our timers are maintained in reset. We have some code to do just that > > already, we just need have something similar to be on board. > > We have the same problem on stm32, as just discussed with Andreas [0]. > I decided to patch the bootloader to deassert timers reset, after > discussions with Rob Herring and Arnd. That seems like the best solution, but we don't have control over the bootloader in most cases. We have an alternative implementation (ie mainline u-boot) that is required for a few things already, but I'd really like to still be able to at least boot the kernel on a "legacy" bootloader (that is the one flashed on the device). Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering http://free-electrons.com