On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 08:40:03PM +0200, Rasmus Villemoes wrote: >On Mon, Sep 21 2015, Andy Shevchenko wrote: > >> On Mon, 2015-09-21 at 11:13 +0200, Martin Kletzander wrote: >> >>> Move all pointer-formatting documentation to one place instead of >>> keeping it in three places with different level of completeness. > >I've had a patch titled "vsnprintf: collect documentation in one place" >lying in a misc_printf branch for a while now, so I certainly like this. > >> I think we still need at least one in the code. I, for example, often >> read it from the actual c-file, not from documentation. > >I'd really prefer actually collecting it in that single place, under >Documentation/, but I guess eliminating one redundant copy is better >than nothing... > And the second copy (in the code) will be way shorter, simply serving as a hint as opposed to the full blown documentation. I just need to go through each modifier to make sure all of them are mentioned in both places. I'll try to find some spare time tomorrow. >Rasmus