On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:06:52AM +0800, Boqun Feng wrote: > On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 01:33:47PM +1100, Michael Ellerman wrote: > > On Mon, 2015-26-10 at 10:15:36 UTC, Boqun Feng wrote: > > > This patch fixes two problems to make value-returning atomics and > > > {cmp}xchg fully ordered on PPC. > > > > Hi Boqun, > > > > Can you please split this into two patches. One that does the cmpxchg change > > and one that changes PPC_ATOMIC_ENTRY_BARRIER. > > > > OK, make sense ;-) > > > Also given how pervasive this change is I'd like to take it via the powerpc > > next tree, so can you please send this patch (which will be two after you split > > it) as powerpc patches. And the rest can go via tip? > > > > One problem is that patch 5 will remove __xchg_u32 and __xchg_64 > entirely, which are modified in this patch(patch 1), so there will be > some conflicts if two branch get merged, I think. > > Alternative way is that all this series go to powerpc next tree as most > of the dependent patches are already there. I just need to remove > inc/dec related code and resend them when appropriate. Besides, I can > pull patch 2 out and send it as a tip patch because it's general code > and no one depends on this in this series. > > To summerize: > > patch 1(split to two), 3, 4(remove inc/dec implementation), 5, 6 sent as > powerpc patches for powerpc next, patch 2(unmodified) sent as tip patch > for locking/core. > > Peter and Michael, this works for you both? > Thoughts? ;-) Regards, Boqun